Tuesday, July 1, 2008

rissatoo vs. B&N

(originally posted 06/30/08 on LiveJournal)

I don't think I should be allowed in a bookstore if I have a credit or debit card on me. If all I have is cash or a gift card, I have a limit I can see/feel/
KNOW. But set me loose with plastic, and I can do a little harm to the bank account.

For example: The other day I stopped at Barnes and Noble to pick up a book. Just one, for my husband. He wanted a certain book, I was out, I could drop by the shop, no problem.

Ummm... WRONG! As I wandered around the store 'looking for his book', I had actually picked up 12 books in about as many minutes (only a slight exaggeration, truly). I could barely juggle them. And then I spotted another I just had to have. Disaster!

Yes, I managed to drop them. Not only that, but I made a bit of a scene when I tried to catch a couple, but instead batted them at a guy standing a few feet away from me. Nice, huh? I apologized, picked them up, and realized I simply could not justify spending so much on books. Not all in a single trip, anyway! :)

So I sorted through them, picked out the ones I had to have right now and made my escape. I only bought 7 books... :)

My new books are:

Dead to Me by Anton Strout
Hotter than Hell by Keri Arthur, L.A. Banks, Heidi Betts, Kim Harrison, Tanya Huff, Susan Krinard, Marjorie M Liu, Cheyenne McCray, Lilith Saintcrow, Susan Sizemore & Denise Little, Carrie Vaughn and Linda Winstead Jones.
Undead and Unworthy by MaryJanice Davidson
Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich
Playing with Fire by Katie MacAlister
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
A Match Made in Hell by Terri Garey

I am trying to feel virtuous, in that only 3 of the 7 books are hardcover. So I saved money, right? Yeah.

One the positive side, after I read the books, they go to my sister & mom, so I feel justified that I'm buying books for 3 people, not just me. Of course, sometimes they've already bought their own copy.

Now, I have to ignore blogs for a few days while I get some reading done... :)

1 comment:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oooo, :D That would be me dropping the books and hitting the poor soul unfortunate enough to be by me at the time. :D But to narrow down to 7. :) Oh, you are going to be busy for a little while. Hope you enjoy all your wonderful new reads. :)